Feasibility of Biomass Pellet Press
In recent years, energy issues have become one of the factors that affect social economy development, which means to solve energy issues, is to solve the problem that hinder the development of economy. Now the usage of conventional energy source like coal has caused severe environmental problem because it releases great amount of CO2, SO2, and NOx. As a result, many countries have introduced policies or regulations to boost the usage of biomass energy.Why use biomass energy?
Biomass energy, also called biofuel, belongs to the 4th energy source and plays an important role in renewable energy. Developing biomass energy can not only supplement the shortage of conventional energy source, but also have significant environmental benefit.
Compared to other bioenergy, biomass pellets production technology is much easier to be used in mass production and accepted by small workshops. Besides, the convenience of using biomass pellets makes it as easy as natural gas and fuel oil. As a result, biomass pellet press with different capacities can meet most countries’ policies and have good economical and social benefits.
Resources for biomass pellet press in different areas
- Wood: Almost every country has its own wood plants and can make use of wood waste.
- Palm fiber/empty fruit bunch: mainly Southeast Asia countries, such as Malaysia, Indonesia, India, Myanmar, Japan, also European countries like Serbia.
- Coconut shell: South America, Malaysia and Africa countries.
- Sugarcane bagasse: Brazil, India, China, Cuba, Thailand, Mexico, Australia, America, etc.
- Bamboo: Ghana, India, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Vietnam, South Korea, Philippine, Sri Lanka, Argentina, Mexico, Chili, etc.
Biomass pellets features and applicationsBiomass pellets are extruded by the great pressure caused between the pellet press roller and die. The raw material density is around 130kg/m3, while pellets density is higher than 1100kg/m3. So pellets are much more convenient to transport and store. Besides, their burning performance is greatly improved.
Biomass pellets applications
- Civil heating and household energy consumption: high combustion efficiency and easy to store.
- Industrial biomass boiler: as a main kind of industrial boiler to replace coal and solve environmental pollution problems.
- Power generation: can be used for thermal power generation.
|Smoke blackness (Ringelman Emittance)||<1|
|Discharged dust consistence||≥80mg/m3|